Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virus

rumbeando

Virus - Page 3 Empty Re: Virus

Post by rumbeando Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:37 am

Blumberg već dvaput menjao naslov članka: kad su ga objavili, virus je bio u 8 saveznih država (vidi se po linku), posle u 9, trenutno je u 10.

The omicron variant spread to at least 10 U.S. states after New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Maryland and Nebraska reported infections on Friday. “We absolutely have community spread” of the new strain in the U.S., Anthony Fauci, President Joe Biden’s top medical adviser, said on Bloomberg Television. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-12-03/omicron-in-eight-u-s-states-south-africa-surges-virus-update

Post by MNE Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:20 am

rumbeando wrote:

hah, teško je propustiti još jednu priliku da se stigmatizuju HIV pozitivni
    rumbeando

Post by rumbeando Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:35 am

rumbeando

Post by rumbeando Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:57 am

​Zimbabve vezao dva dana sa preko 1000 novozaraženih (četvrtak 1042, petak 1062). Prošlog četvrtka imali su prijavljenih 27 novih, a prošlog petka 62 nova.
    Sedmodnevni prosek za ovaj petak im je 515, a za prošli petak bio im je 32.

Virus - Page 3 FFuzIDXWQAA_5NS?format=jpg&name=900x900

Izvor: https://twitter.com/MoHCCZim

Ostala tri izveštaja (ovaj četvrtak i prošli četvrtak i petak su u spoileru:

Spoiler:
    rumbeando

Post by rumbeando Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:13 am

Virus - Page 3 6YFsgOM

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-12-03/omicron-in-eight-u-s-states-south-africa-surges-virus-update
    Sotir

Post by Sotir Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:17 am

Једно битно питање:
    ако имунитет од претходних сојева даје слабију заштиту према омикрону, каква је ситуација у обрнутом смеру?
    Ако је и ту слична ситуација, може да се деси да имамо два соја у оптицају у исто време...
    Са оптимистичне стране, ако омикрон штити од делте и потисне је, и ако је блажи вирус, онда би ширење омикрона могло да доведе до ублажавања епидемије.

Post by MNE Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:36 am

Moglo bi.
    rumbeando

Post by rumbeando Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:48 am

Lik na osnovu toga što brojke rastu u delovima Londona s afričkom populacijom spekuliše da se već oseća uticaj omikrona na ukupne brojeve u Londonu:

Korisnik
    Korisnik

Post by ontheotherhand Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:39 am

Korporejt Krismas parti.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/omicron-outbreak-norway-christmas-party-is-biggest-outside-s-africa-authorities-2021-12-03/
    rumbeando

Post by rumbeando Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:49 am

Omicron Up Close: South Africa’s Experts Tell Their Stories
    The panicked reaction across much of the world to the omicron variant comes with a scramble for information. In South Africa, the country where omicron was first identified and where cases are jumping, scientists and doctors describe what they are seeing. 
    Here are highlights from several interviews and a briefing.
    Marc Mendelson, the head of infectious diseases at the University of Cape Town, who also works at Groote Schuur Hospital, where the world’s first heart transplant took place:
    • “Anecdotally, we are seeing a lot of reinfections. What we don’t know at the moment, because we haven’t got the data yet, is how many of those people are un-vaccinated versus the vaccinated.”
    • “While people are freaking out, the other thing to stress is that if you look across the variants, the vaccines have protected against severe disease, hospitalization and death. And really, looking at the omicron mutations, though there are an awful lot of them, there’s nothing really to indicate that the ability of vaccines to fight this is going to be affected to a very great extent.”
    • “In truth, it doesn’t want to kill you, it wants you to stick around.”
    • “The only ones putting their hand on their hearts and telling the world don’t worry, this is going to be mild, haven’t learned enough humility yet in the face of this virus.”
    • “It’s always nice to hope, but don’t set everything on this because I think your hopes could be dashed.”
    Richard Friedland, chief executive officer of Netcare Ltd., which operates the largest private health-care network in South Africa:
    • “If in the second and third wave we’d seen these levels of positivity to tests conducted, we would have seen very significant increases in hospital admissions and we’re not seeing that. In our primary care clinics it is mainly people under 30-years-old.”
    • “So I actually think there is a silver lining here and this may signal the end of Covid-19, with it attenuating itself to such an extent that it’s highly contagious, but doesn’t cause severe disease. That’s what happened with Spanish flu.”
    • “We are seeing breakthrough infections of people who have been vaccinated, but the infections we’re seeing are very mild to moderate. So for health care workers who have had boosters, it’s mostly mild. I think this whole thing has been so poorly communicated and so much panic generated.”
    • “It’s early days, but I’m less panicked. It feels different to me on the ground.”
    Shabir Madhi, a vaccinologist from the University of the Witwatersrand, who led trials of both AstraZeneca Plc’s and Novavax Inc.’s shots in South Africa:
    • “Omicron seems to be moving at a faster speed than delta, but at the same time what seems to be happening is that our hospitalization rate is somewhat more muted.”
    • “Vaccine or past transmission create T-cell immunity, which are good at protecting against severe disease and death. The mutations of the virus very likely make it more successful against antibody activities, but it seems like there may well be preservation of the T-cell immunity.”
    • “I’m optimistic that in this resurgence, while the total number of cases will probably be greater, hospitalizations and deaths will be lower than what we experienced during the course of any of the first three waves. And that is, because right now in South Africa, all indications are that 75% to 80% of people were infected with the virus during the course of the first three waves. That is probably going to equip those individuals -- not to resist infection -- but rather prevent progression of infection to severe disease.”
    Anne von Gottberg, a clinical microbiologist at South Africa’s National Institute for Communicable Diseases:
    • “All the data has shown that children have a less severe clinical course and we’ve had some anecdotal reports from hospitals in South Africa, that yes, they are seeing a few more children in some of the hospitals and are admitting them, but many of them have an uncomplicated clinical course during the few days that they are in hospital.”
    • “We monitored reinfections for the beta and the delta waves and we didn’t see an increase in reinfections over and above what we expect when the force of infection changes, when a wave starts. With omicron, we are seeing an increase in reinfections.”
    • “This virus may be similar to delta in its ability to spread or in being contagious. However, it’s the susceptibility of the population that is greater now because previous infection used to protect against delta and now, with omicron, it doesn’t seem to be the case.”
    • “However, we believe that with the reinfections the disease will be less severe and the same would hold for those that are vaccinated. So that would be good news.”
    Adrian Puren, acting executive director of the NICD:
    • “While there are large numbers of cases and evidence of increased hospitalizations, large-scale sequencing would show if this variant is starting to fully displace the delta variant. Current evidence shows that omicron accounts for about 75% of the variants in circulation overall.”
    • “If it does displace the delta variant, we’d need to see if this is the result of immune evasion or because of increased transmissibility.”
    • “We had the beta variant, which was more about immune evasion and we had the delta, which was more about increased transmissibility. But reinfection data shows that transmissibility is a major contributor, so we are still trying to see if omicron fits more into immune evasion primarily or more into increased transmission or both. Reinfection data points to immune evasion.”
    Leon Geffen, a general practitioner in Cape Town’s Sea Point suburb and director of the Samson Institute for Ageing Research:
    • “We are seeing a massive upsurge in the total number of cases,” he said. “People are mostly presenting with coughs and upper respiratory tract infections.”
    • “Most people I have seen or spoken to have been vaccinated.”
    Anthony Smith, a general practitioner in Cape Town:
    • “It was like a tap being turned on from Thursday or Friday last week. It’s been mostly young people, but there have been some older people, probably around 20%.”
    • “Most of the kids have got it at communal events. They are from a younger demographic and presenting with milder symptoms, mainly sore throats and respiratory phenomenon. But, even in older people, it’s been relatively mild.”
    • “No-one has been even close to being seriously ill. But it’s probably too early to tell if this will be a milder variant.”
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-12-03/omicron-up-close-south-africa-s-experts-tell-their-stories
    rumbeando

Post by rumbeando Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:05 pm

Viral genomes deduced from these 2 SARS-CoV-2‒positive cases differed only by 1 nt. Retrospective investigation, including closed-circuit television camera footage, confirmed that neither case-patient left their room during the quarantine period. No items were shared between rooms, and other persons did not enter either room. The only time the 2 quarantined persons opened their respective doors was to collect of food that was placed immediately outside each room door. The only other time they might have opened their doors would be for RT-PCRs, which were conducted in 3-day intervals. However, because these 2 case-patients arrived 1 day apart, it is unlikely that they would be tested on the same day. Airborne transmission across the corridor is the most probable mode of transmission.
    https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/28/2/21-2422_article
    rumbeando

Post by rumbeando Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:08 pm

Notxor

Post by Notxor Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:22 pm

KORONAVIRUS U HRVATSKOJ
    Institut Ruđer Bošković: Dosadašnja analiza uzorka pokazuje da je omikron u Hrvatskoj

https://www.index.hr/vijesti/clanak/institut-rudjer-boskovic-dosadasnja-analiza-uzorka-pokazuje-da-je-omikron-u-hrvatskoj/2323178.aspx

_____
      Sweet and Tender Hooligan  
    rumbeando

Post by rumbeando Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:31 pm

Zaražena osoba uzorkovana je dakle u sredu, 1.12.

Post by MNE Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:36 pm

rumbeando wrote:
     who also works at Groote Schuur Hospital, 
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-12-03/omicron-up-close-south-africa-s-experts-tell-their-stories
    Virus - Page 3 3579118792

ne bas najsrecnije ime za bolnicu
    Nektivni Ugnelj

Post by Nektivni Ugnelj Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:07 pm

Da li ti hoteli za karantin imaju centralnu klimu ili nesto slicno? Jer ako se prosirio sam sto su otvorili vrata za hranu, onda...veselo
    Notxor

Post by Notxor Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:45 pm

Dakle, nema šanse da nije stigao i u Srbiju

IJZ: Zabilježen prvi slučaj sumnje na omikron soj u Crnoj Gori
    Državljanin Crne Gore doputovao je iz Johanezburga, svi kontakti u izolaciji. Svi članovi porodice dobrog opšteg stanja, sa blagim simptomima

https://www.vijesti.me/vijesti/drustvo/579034/ijz-zabiljezen-prvi-slucaj-sumnje-na-omikron-soj-u-crnoj-gori

_____
    rumbeando

Post by rumbeando Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:52 pm

uzorci pod sumnjom biće detaljno analizirani metodom sekvenciranja za čije konačne rezultate je potrebno 10 dana u skladu sa standardnom procedurom

Virus - Page 3 1233199462

Daleko je referentna laboratorija u inostranstvu, a treba golub pismonoša i da se odmori i malo odspava pre nego što krene nazad.

Post by MNE Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:55 am

birokratija jbg, da znam koji je taj da odem da probam da se zarazim i dobijem više tu potvrdu da sam preležao
    rumbeando

Post by rumbeando Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by MNE Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:23 pm

po nekim informacijama iz J.A. izgleda da su ono skoro sve djeca koja su primljena u bolnicu iz drugih razloga, ako se ispostavi da je ovo stvarno manje opasan soj (ili je to tako iz razloga što reinficirani već imaju određeni imunitet) onda smo na konju
    Notxor

Post by Notxor Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:26 pm

Znanstvenici: Omikron je možda preuzeo djelić gena virusa prehlade, evo što to znači

https://www.index.hr/vijesti/clanak/znanstvenici-iz-sada-omikron-je-mozda-preuzeo-djelic-gena-virusa-prehlade/2323320.aspx

_____
    rumbeando

Post by rumbeando Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:27 pm

Gruba procena je da se omikron trenutno u Južnoafričkoj Republici širi nekih 4x brže od delte i da ima R (reprodukcioni) broj oko između 3 i 3,5. R broj od 3,5 imao je vuhanski sloj kad se pojavio među populacijom bez ikakvog imuniteta pre nego što su uvedene bilo kakve mere. Delta je kad se pojavila imala 1,5.

Reprodukcioni broj označava koliko zaražena osoba zarazi novih osoba u proseku.

Procenjuje se da osobe koje su preležale neku od ranijih varijanti imaju 4x manje šanse da se ponovo zaraze omikronom u odnosu na one koji nisu preležali ni vakcinisani. Kod delte su imali 11x manje šanse.

Virus - Page 3 D0OBTPa

Rast slučajeva i hospitalizacija u gradu koje je najveće žarište - Čvane (obuhvata Pretoriju):

Virus - Page 3 W0h680j
    Nektivni Ugnelj

Post by Nektivni Ugnelj Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:39 pm

Ok, sa merama, i medju prokuzenom i vakcinisanom populacijom tesko da ce ostati bas 3,5. Ali je to slaba uteha, jer i npr 2 je ogromno
    rumbeando

Post by rumbeando Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:41 pm

Objavljen je izveštaj o stanju u bolnicama u Čvaneu. Ukratko: 76% pacijenata je bilo u bolnici drugim povodom pa im je pronađen kovid, manji udeo na kiseoniku, odnos vakcinisanih i nevakcinisanih u bolnici je 1:6 (6 vakcinisanih i 24 nevakcinisana), a s upalom pluća 1 vakcinisan i 8 nevakcinisanih (u toj pokrajini potpuno vakcinisano je 23% populacije, od toga 7% jednodoznom J&J vakcinom). Profil pacijenata je osetno mlađi, umrlo je 5 osoba starijih od 60 godina i 4 iz opsega starosti 26-36 godina. Zadržavanje u bolnici je svega 2,8 dana (u prošlim talasima bilo je 8,5), a stopa smrtnosti je 3,5x manja nego u prethodnim talasima.

Link na izveštaj:
    https://www.samrc.ac.za/news/tshwane-district-omicron-variant-patient-profile-early-features

Niz tvitova sa pregledom (veći deo u spoileru):

Spoiler:

Post by Sponsored content