Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK - Politika i društvo

Nektivni Ugnelj

UK - Politika i društvo  - Page 16 Empty Re: UK - Politika i društvo

Post by Nektivni Ugnelj Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:59 pm

Alt-right stranka
    rumbeando

Post by rumbeando Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:21 pm

Revealed: Election pact between Johnson and Farage edges closer

Channels opened between Downing Street and the Brexit Party. Arron Banks prepared to donate substantial funds to Tories if a pact with Farage put in place

Boris Johnson’s aides in Downing Street have “opened channels” with the Brexit Party to discuss a formal general election pact, according to close associates of Nigel Farage.

The two party leaders have not talked since Johnson became Prime Minister. However, back-channel meetings between Number 10 and Brexit Party officials have taken place. Further talks, according to sources contacted by openDemocracy, are scheduled over the coming weekend.

They will include arranging a public meeting between Johnson and Farage that could take place shortly after parliament prorogues next week.
    The anticipated talks between the two party leaders, according to sources, will initially centre on seats where a Brexit Party challenge to a sitting Tory MP would do most damage. In these seats, where Labour and the Liberal Democrats might come close to winning, the absence of a Brexit Party candidate would assist Johnson’s efforts to remain in Number 10.

Farage is understood to have made clear to colleagues that in any pact he expects a similar sacrifice from the Tories to stand aside in a majority of strong Labour seats in the north of England where the pro-Brexit vote was highest.
    https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/dark-money-investigations/revealed-election-pact-between-johnson-and-farage-edges-closer/
    паће

Post by паће Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:21 pm

Зар у земљи где возе лево! Тск, тск...

_____
       I drove a škodilak before it was cool.
       Морони на власти чешће мењају правила него гаће.
    Nektivni Ugnelj

Post by Nektivni Ugnelj Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:48 pm

expects a similar sacrifice from the Tories to stand aside in a majority of strong Labour seats in the north of England where the pro-Brexit vote was highest.

Bas da vidimo...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:51 pm

pa faraž bi sada verovatno hteo da uzme bar par mp mandata, ne znam da li ima šanse (ima ako ga negde po dogovoru podrže torijevci), i da postane koalicioni partner u parlamentu.

bez glasačke fuzije torijevaca i brexitovaca oni nemaju preterano šansi na izborima posle 31.10.
    Nektivni Ugnelj

Post by Nektivni Ugnelj Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:57 pm

Ta glasacka fuzija ce negde raditi, a negde bogami i ne. Kao sto bi bio slucaj i sa fuzijom Lab i LibDems.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:03 pm

mislim da je ovamo pozicija bliža. sa ovim isterivanjem 20 torijevaca stranka se pomerila baš u desno, i mislim da je taktičko glasanje lako svarljivo za obe grupe.

korbin ostaje crvena linija za mnoge libdemove, plus su laburisti podeljeni, plus nisu to stranke ujedinjene oko istog cilja, kao što su to ovakve konzerve i faražovci.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:08 pm

jedno je sigurno: kampanja će biti brutalna.
    plachkica

Post by plachkica Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:29 pm

Nektivni Ugnelj

Post by Nektivni Ugnelj Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:31 pm

Gargantua wrote:mislim da je ovamo pozicija bliža. sa ovim isterivanjem 20 torijevaca stranka se pomerila baš u desno, i mislim da je taktičko glasanje lako svarljivo za obe grupe.

korbin ostaje crvena linija za mnoge libdemove, plus su laburisti podeljeni, plus nisu to stranke ujedinjene oko istog cilja, kao što su to ovakve konzerve i faražovci.

Ako je rec o sprecavanju no deal brexita - mozda bi zajednicki nastup sa nekim kompromisnim kandidatom za PM-a funkcionisao. No, nista od toga, to znamo. Morace ako hoce nesto da urade, da rade bas na taktickom nivou (nivou izborne jedinice)
    Nektivni Ugnelj

Post by Nektivni Ugnelj Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:32 pm

plachkica wrote:

Demokratija  UK - Politika i društvo  - Page 16 2304934895
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:00 am

Politicians, economists and commentators in Amsterdam, Berlin, Brussels, Madrid and Paris are losing patience with the British. A growing number now take the view that, no matter how regrettable Brexit is in principle, a “no-deal” outcome may be the least bad of all the unappealing options.

At the same time, European leaders are becoming concerned about the implications for long-term EU-UK relations of the Conservative party’s embrace under Mr Johnson of a militantly pro-Brexit English nationalism.

They fear that the UK, if still under Conservative rule after a snap general election, will aim to diverge from the EU in economic and security matters far more than anyone expected at the time of the 2016 Brexit referendum.

To the extent that such divergence involved tighter bonds with the US, it would seem to bear out Charles de Gaulle’s prediction that, when the chips are down, London will always choose Washington over the European continent.

Charles Michel, the Belgian incoming president of the European Council, which groups EU heads of governments, (pictured above) says he already sees signs that the UK is looking “more and more” to the US in its foreign policy.

A “hard Brexit” would undoubtedly disrupt the EU economy, as highlighted in this report by Belgium’s University of Leuven. However, the view in EU capitals has been unchanged since the 2016 referendum: the damage to the British economy would be worse.

On Friday Marcel Fratzscher, president of DIW Berlin, an influential German think-tank, said (here in German): “It’s better now to have a hard Brexit than to be kept in suspension for another one or two years.”

Likewise Anne Mulder, the Dutch parliament’s rapporteur on Brexit, says that enough is enough. “We thought the Brits were rational pragmatists. Well, they aren’t.”

This change of tone and perspective is important. Earlier this year Donald Tusk, the former Polish premier who is Mr Michel’s predecessor as European Council president, took a lenient view of delays to Brexit.

Mr Tusk’s generosity reflected the feeling of central and eastern European politicians, keen on a strong British diplomatic and military role in Europe, that perhaps Brexit could somehow be cancelled altogether. In western European capitals, however, such patience is less fashionable than ever.

It is understood that the UK’s acute political divisions may require a short extension of the Brexit deadline beyond October 31, after two delays in March and April.

Angela Merkel, Germany’s chancellor, and other EU leaders would surely favour such an extension, if it were needed for a snap UK general election or even a second Brexit referendum.

However, European policymakers and analysts know that the Conservatives could return to power, because of the splits among the UK’s anti-Brexit forces and the unpopularity of Jeremy Corbyn, Labour’s leftist leader.

Despite Mr Johnson’s crushing defeats in the House of Commons this week and the loss of his parliamentary majority, he has a good chance of winning a snap election, forecasts (here in German) Cathrin Kahlweit of Munich’s Süddeutsche Zeitung.

Across Europe there is bewilderment at the political paralysis of a country once respected for its ability to strike compromises in the most divisive conflicts. But bewilderment is giving way to concern that the UK’s populist turn could damage the EU itself.

https://amp.ft.com/content/76a6eb28-d090-11e9-99a4-b5ded7a7fe3f?__twitter_impression=true
    Nektivni Ugnelj

Post by Nektivni Ugnelj Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:07 am

that the UK’s populist turn could damage the EU itself.

To je glavni cilj. Ono što pak recimo Kremlj mnogo bolje razume od ovih pajaca je da će sjebavajući EU sjebati mnogo više od toga. 

No, ima 1 druga stvar - a to su izbori koji će mnoge stvari pogurati na jednu ili drugu stranu, a to nisu britanski izbori, kad god bili
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:53 am

1 long read, ili dugi čitanj :paće:

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/magazine/peter-foster-brexit-longread

Fiasco: the inside story of the Brexit talks
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:57 am

паће

Post by паће Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:58 am

Gargantua wrote:1 long read, ili dugi čitanj :paće:

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/magazine/peter-foster-brexit-longread

Fiasco: the inside story of the Brexit talks

За твоје обавештењеРЖ: имамо реч штиво. Енглеском то фали.

_____
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:02 am

proces, ne objekat.

radnja, ne predmet.
    паће

Post by паће Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:24 am

Gargantua wrote:proces, ne objekat.

radnja, ne predmet.

Ја сам га увек доживљавао као именицу. Јасно се види из облика :љ.

Него, а пропао оног што пише унутра... стигао сам отприлике до краја 2017. и дигао руке. Који муљ, које батргање у магли, мрцарење радње у стилу лошег водвиља... Кад мало боље размислим, тако им и треба. Да су пре сто или двеста година побили говна и завршили ствар, не би сад имали ово. Сва она срања која су умели да просипају на рачун других им се управо обијају о главу.

Баба за 20 година постаје кустос музеја Британија, нема царине, само улазнице.

_____
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:52 am

The prime minister reportedly wrote to Tory members on Friday evening pledging to break the law that will require him to seek an extension of article 50. “They just passed a law that would force me to beg Brussels for an extension to the Brexit deadline. This is something I will never do.

The former Conservative leader Iain Duncan Smith encouraged Johnson to break the law, saying he would be seen as a Brexit “martyr” if judges opted to put him jail for breaching parliament’s terms.

Post by MNE Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:01 pm

Gargantua wrote:
    uglavnom 100% su zglajznuli

tj. 101%  UK - Politika i društvo  - Page 16 2729202060
    Летећи Полип

Post by Летећи Полип Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:03 pm

Bodžo drži lekciju iz zastupanja svoje politike.

_____
    Sve čega ima na filmu, rekao sam, ima i na Zlatiboru.

~~~~~

Ne dajte da vas prevare! Sačuvajte svoje pojene!
    Zuper

Post by Zuper Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:33 pm

KinderLad wrote:that the UK’s populist turn could damage the EU itself.

To je glavni cilj. Ono što pak recimo Kremlj mnogo bolje razume od ovih pajaca je da će sjebavajući EU sjebati mnogo više od toga. 

No, ima 1 druga stvar - a to su izbori koji će mnoge stvari pogurati na jednu ili drugu stranu, a to nisu britanski izbori, kad god bili

Svuda je Kremlj oko nas.
    Zuper

Post by Zuper Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:35 pm

Gargantua wrote:

A “hard Brexit” would undoubtedly disrupt the EU economy, as highlighted in this report by Belgium’s University of Leuven. However, the view in EU capitals has been unchanged since the 2016 referendum: the damage to the British economy would be worse.

To je tacno samo kratkorocno ne i na duze.
    Narocito ne ako London dobije podrsku Vasingtona i veceg dela Komonvelta.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:42 pm

After an extraordinary week, what are Johnson’s options now?

The tide is turning. The Brexit extension legislation will go through, unimpeded, possibly as early as today. And Boris Johnson now appears to have lost the fight for an early election, before October 31. He and his team miscalculated parliament’s willingness to grant an election. It turned out to have been a huge tactical error for him to withdraw the whip from 21 Tory rebels - if only because he would have needed their votes to trigger an election. The combination of prorogation of parliament and the suspension of 21 Tories was simply too much for the British soul. They are now all panicking. You can tell this is the case when they start blaming advisers, like Dominic Cummings in this case.

Even the touted possibility of the government launching a vote of no-confidence in itself would probably not work now, because the united opposition would fail to support it. Yesterday, Labour and the SNP got together and agreed to frustrate any attempt for an Oct 14 or 15 election. They fear that Johnson would win it. We agree. What we are struggling to understand is why they believe that Corbyn’s prospects are better as a result. We think the opposite is the case. Maybe some believe that the EU will offer a long transition - until after the scheduled election in 2022, and that the UK parliament would then accept that offer.

We have yet to understand why team Johnson is not frustrating the anti-Brexit legislation through one of the means we have outlined in recent days. The media are silent on this point. If readers have any information on this particular point, we would like to hear it. Maybe they received legal advice. Or they concluded that any further involvement of the Queen would backfire. It is also possible - in theory - that they have a better plan, but we should probably not overestimate their strategic acumen. They certainly did not game the election scenarios carefully enough. The two-thirds majority threshold in the fixed-term parliaments act was always, and remains, formidable.

So what can Johnson do apart from cranking up the rhetoric, like the pledge that he'd rather die in a ditch than ask for an extension? What will he do when the request for an extension is the law?

One option for him is to resign shortly before the critical Oct 17 EU summit.
    At that point the Queen would have to appoint the leader of the opposition as prime minister. Corbyn's sole job would be to ask for a Brexit extension and make way for elections afterwards, since he commands no parliamentary majority either. The election scenario would be the same as it would have been on Oct 14 - a choice between Johnson and Corbyn. It would make it harder for Johnson to campaign on a Brexit delivery theme when he so clearly failed to deliver Brexit. At the same time, it would allow Johnson to accuse Corbyn of surrendering to the EU, or betrayal of Brexit. The outcome would depend on whether Johnson and Nigel Farage would manage to unite. The election campaign would be horrendous.

Another option for Johnson is to defy the Brexit bill, and risk being impeached by parliament.
    This is what Robert Peston was suggesting yesterday. Impeachment in the UK is an ancient procedure to try individuals for high treason that is now considered obsolete, in contrast for example to the US. But would it not be easier for parliament to launch a vote of no-confidence and install Jeremy Corbyn in Number 10? We presume that the LibDems might hold their nose, but maybe not all opposition MPs would support Corbyn.  

A third possibility is for Johnson to find some way for the EU to reject the extension. This is probably the smartest choice, but requires a strategy the UK has not yet deployed. The UK could refuse to comply with EU demands attached to an extension, like appointing a European Commissioner. The UK could co-opt another member state ready to wield a veto - maybe against the promise of preferential treatment for its citizens after Brexit. Maybe Johnson could tell the European Council that the request for an extension was forced on him by his parliament, and that the European Council would risk a very disturbing period unless they refuse this reluctant request.

The fourth and least likely possibility is for Johnson to agree a deal. This is something he could have done after an early election.

There is a silver lining for Johnson. The Labour Party is not doing itself any favours. Since the current parliament is not in a position to settle Brexit one way or the other, there is logic to an early election. Voters would not be happy with another Brexit extension. They want to get this over and done with. It was the April extension that put a premature end to Theresa May’s premiership.

Johnson is receiving a lot of bad media coverage now, but five weeks without parliament will give him an opportunity to reassert his authority. His party's conference will undoubtedly reward his uncompromising stance on Brexit. Things might look different then. A reminder of the weakness of Labour’s Brexit strategy came last night on BBC's Question Time when Emily Thornberry, the shadow foreign secretary, struggled to explain the party's official policy. Labour would renegotiate, put the deal to a referendum, and then campaign against its own deal. This construction is obviously a fudge to cover up deep disagreements inside the party. We don’t think this position would survive an election campaign.

https://www.eurointelligence.com/public.html
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:32 pm

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:11 am