Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mediji kao takvi

Anonymous

Mediji kao takvi - Page 2 Empty Re: Mediji kao takvi

Post by Guest Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:55 pm

Ne, još uvek.je MonoJakov.

:paće:
    паће

Post by паће Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:04 pm

Па није да ми није падало на ум Mediji kao takvi - Page 2 1143415371

_____
       I drove a škodilak before it was cool.
       Морони на власти чешће мењају правила него гаће.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:46 pm

THE REAL DRAMA IN “THE POST” ISN’T ABOUT JOURNALISM VS. THE GOVERNMENT. IT’S ABOUT JOURNALISM VS. CAPITALISM.
    [url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=The real drama in %E2%80%9CThe Post%E2%80%9D isn%E2%80%99t about journalism vs. the government. It%E2%80%99s about journalism vs. capitalism. https%3A%2F%2Finterc.pt%2F2ByIYVj by %40Schwarz][/url]
    Jon Schwarz

December 22 2017, 2:30 p.m.

The music in “The Post,” a new Steven Spielberg film opening Friday about the Washington Post’s publication of the Pentagon Papers in 1971, is exquisitely bombastic. It instructs you exactly how to feel at every moment as the Post’s executive editor Ben Bradlee (played by Tom Hanks) pushes to get a copy of the papers – a top secret Defense Department study of decades of U.S. involvement in Vietnam – and then persuades the Post’s owner Katherine Graham (Meryl Streep) to publish them in the face of extreme legal peril. It’s like the score to a Star Wars movie.

Then at the end when the credits roll, you’ll understand why: It’s by John Williams.

And as you walk out, punchy with the thrill of good triumphing over evil, you may realize “The Post” is like a Star Wars movie in several key ways – specifically “Return of the Jedi.”

Now that we know how the story continues in “The Force Awakens” and “The Last Jedi,” it’s obvious that the victory at the end of “Return of the Jedi” was an illusion. Our lionhearted heroes do not live the rest of their lives basking in the joy of their moral perfection, but screw everything up and turn out to be dangerously flawed. What seemed like the final conquest of iniquity turns out to have been a skirmish in a different, bleaker war.

Exactly the same is true for “The Post.” Yes, Graham’s willingness to run stories based on the Pentagon Papers — in the face of a court injunction against the New York Times for first publishing excerpts days before – was courageous. Most importantly, the eventual Supreme Court ruling in New York Times Co. v. United States was a critical landmark in establishing that the First Amendment means what it says. Spielberg’s enormous bag of trickery can feel manipulative when he uses it to turn your emotions up to 11 about something imaginary and meaningless. But you actually should feel it deeply when Post editorial writer Meg Greenfield (Carrie Coon) is called with the decision and conveys it bit by bit to the rest of the newsroom.

But 46 years later we know the rest of the story about the Washington Post, Graham and Bradlee. And in retrospect everything about what happened then looks different.

The sneakiest thing about “The Post” is its inclusion of what almost always gets left out of movies about the media: money. (The script is co-written by Liz Hannah and Josh Singer. Singer also co-wrote “Spotlight.”) Throughout the film Graham is largely focused not on what’s in the newspaper, but that the Washington Post Company is selling public stock for the first time — just as the Post obtains the Pentagon Papers.

She therefore spends less time huddling with editors, and more with the lawyers and bankers running the IPO. A large part of her concern about publishing the Pentagon Papers is a clause in the company’s contract that would allow buyers to void the sale if some kind of catastrophic event happens within a week. She frets as she’s informed that institutional investors don’t like the fact that the Post, unlike some other papers, isn’t a monopoly. And felons can’t own broadcast licenses, so if the Post is convicted under the Espionage Act it will lose its profitable TV stations.

Graham finally forges ahead, informing a plethora of white financial men that she believes that “quality and profitability go hand in hand.”

The problem is that we now know that just isn’t true. High-quality, high-impact journalism that holds powerful institutions accountable isn’t just not profitable, it’s anti-profit. Good journalism is expensive. It takes forever. It scares off advertisers. The powerful fight back, and can inflict enormous additional legal costs even if they don’t win. And if they win they can drive you out of business.

Graham wasn’t crazy to believe what she did: “The Post” occurs in the brief moment in the 1970s when it seemed like these rules had been changed. But in retrospect we can see this was an odd historical anomaly, not the beginning of a new normal. The Post and other outlets were floating on a wave of advertising money from businesses that had no other way to reach a gigantic new middle class. As soon as that middle class deteriorated, and corporations had other technological options to reach consumers with cash to spend, the profitability of American journalism collapsed – first slowly and then very very fast.

The Post held on longer than many of its peers, which have expired across the U.S. as though there were some kind of a bubonic plague targeting newspapers. But the Post’s financial success, while it lasted, had less to do with any kind of “quality” than that it eventually did establish a monopoly, in America’s richest metro area.

Warren Buffett was an early, crucial investor in the Washington Post Company. As described in a 2000 New Yorker article, the paper appealed to him because of his investment philosophy, which is to avoid competitive capitalism whenever possible. “The key to investing is not assessing how much an industry is going to affect society,” Buffett explained in a speech. “The products or services that have wide, sustainable moats around them are the ones that deliver rewards to investors.”

The moat around the Post was deep in 1971. But it finally dried up. Following years of huge losses, Katherine Graham’s son Donald was forced to sell the paper in 2013 to one of the few people who definitely had the resources to keep it alive: Amazon’s Jeff Bezos, now the world’s richest man.

Post-Pentagon Papers and post-Watergate it also became clear Graham and Bradlee were not white knights of journalism. In a 1988 speech at the CIA, Graham portrayed herself as a responsible member of the U.S. establishment who could be trusted to dole out just the right amount of information to unwashed Americans. “We live in a dirty and dangerous world,” Graham said. “There are some things the general public does not need to know, and shouldn’t. I believe democracy flourishes when the government can take legitimate steps to keep its secrets and when the press can decide whether to print what it knows.”

And while “The Post” portrays Graham and Bradlee as agreeing that the days have to end when they both censored the news to protect their powerful friends, they didn’t. Robert Parry, a reporter who worked at Newsweek in the 1980s (then owned by the Washington Post Company) has written that he was “told that my story about the CIA funneling anti-Sandinista money through Nicaragua’s Catholic Church had been watered down because the story needed to be run past Mrs. Graham, and Henry Kissinger was her house guest that weekend.”

Then there’s Bradlee. One story left out of “The Post” is that the company’s IPO led him to resign from its board because the salaries of board members were now going to become public.

Bradley [url=https://books.google.com/books?id=wDpNIuIcd90C&lpg=PP1&dq="That upset her some but nearly as much as it upset Ben]didn’t want his reporters[/url] to know how much he was making. Then he was evasive when his employees asked how much his Post stock was worth.

Bradley also did not cover himself in glory as the disastrous problems with establishment journalism were revealed by the march to war with Iraq. Bradlee publicly proclaimed that he was “embarrassed” by the 2004 apologies by both the Post and the New York Times. Why? Because “I don’t think they really have a hell of a lot to hang their head about.” If you didn’t like their Iraq coverage, he informed us, “you’ve got to lump that.”

But those were personal issues. The overwhelming problems for journalism are structural, not individual. So go see “The Post” – it’s incredibly well-made, it’s dramatic, and it’s surprisingly accurate. Just remember that Katherine Graham could stand up to the government, but in the end her paper could not stand up to the Force of capitalism.
    mstislaw

Post by mstislaw Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:22 pm

Ne znam gde bih...
    Šta to Guardian uradi, pobogu? Čemu ova promena (ako izuzmemo da postavljam retorička pitanja)?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:45 pm

Trzanje pred smrt, šta drugo
    Daï Djakman Faré

Post by Daï Djakman Faré Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:52 pm

na sta mislis mstislawe ?

_____
    i would like to talk here about The Last of Us on HBO... and yeah, yeah i know.. the world is burning but lets just all sit and talk about television. again - what else are we doing with ourselves ? we are not creating any militias. but my god we still have the content. appraising content is the american modus vivendi.. that's why we are here for. to absorb the content and then render some sort of a judgment on content. because there is a buried hope that if enough people have the right opinion about the content - the content will get better which will then flow to our structures and make the world a better place
    Erős Pista

Post by Erős Pista Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:57 pm

Redizajnirali sajt.

_____
    "Oni kroz mene gledaju u vas! Oni kroz njega gledaju u vas! Oni kroz vas gledaju u mene... i u sve nas."

Dragoslav Bokan, Novi putevi oftalmologije
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:58 pm

i format novina, zar ne? ja ne apdejtujem aplikaciju, boli me uvo sve isto ko pre.
    mstislaw

Post by mstislaw Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:06 pm

Ovako, na brzinu, prešli sa Berlinera na tabloid format, promenili naslovni logo, promešali boje i odustali od svoje prepoznatljive, prilagodili se.
    mstislaw

Post by mstislaw Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:14 pm

+ se zahvalilo nekolikim kolumnistima, uključujući Paula Masona.
    Erős Pista

Post by Erős Pista Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Mediji kao takvi - Page 2 1931448533

_____
    "Oni kroz mene gledaju u vas! Oni kroz njega gledaju u vas! Oni kroz vas gledaju u mene... i u sve nas."

Daï Djakman Faré

Post by Daï Djakman Faré Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:32 pm

haha, znaci MSNBC prica - turbo-neoliberalizacija pred smrt, death throes sto kaze vasa

_____
    i would like to talk here about The Last of Us on HBO... and yeah, yeah i know.. the world is burning but lets just all sit and talk about television. again - what else are we doing with ourselves ? we are not creating any militias. but my god we still have the content. appraising content is the american modus vivendi.. that's why we are here for. to absorb the content and then render some sort of a judgment on content. because there is a buried hope that if enough people have the right opinion about the content - the content will get better which will then flow to our structures and make the world a better place
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:35 pm

Niko neće da čita vesti od juče, jednostavno dnevne novine su prevaziđen format, a uskoro će biti prevaziđeni i centralizovani news mediji.
    boomer crook

Post by boomer crook Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:38 am

msm dead. good. not sad.

_____
    And Will's father stood up, stuffed his pipe with tobacco, rummaged his pockets for matches, brought out a battered harmonica, a penknife, a cigarette lighter that wouldn't work, and a memo pad he had always meant to write some great thoughts down on but never got around to, and lined up these weapons for a pygmy war that could be lost before it even started

Post by Nino Quincampoix Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:31 am

realno, mnogo je lakse citati tabloid format, posebno u prevozu

jbg, za dnevne vesti, crnu hroniku i slicno niko nece ni kupovati Gvardijan, za to ima Metro, pa cak i Evening Standard. Cak se i Telegraph deli besplatno posle 13h

Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:55 am

Kakav naslov Mediji kao takvi - Page 2 3579118792

Bitangu hitno povlače iz Irana

Višemjesečna afera u Ambasadi BiH u Teheranu kulminirala je teškim optužbama ambasadora Kemala Muftića na račun njegovog zamjenika Satka Bitange, nakon čega je ministar inostranih poslova BiH Igor Crnadak naložio hitno vraćanje Bitange u BiH.
    паће

Post by паће Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:24 am

fikret selimbašić wrote:Kakav naslov Mediji kao takvi - Page 2 3579118792

Таман сам мислио да се нашло нешто што ми фали, кад оно цврц, уписан пре седам ипо година.

_____
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:32 am

паће wrote:
    fikret selimbašić wrote:Kakav naslov Mediji kao takvi - Page 2 3579118792

Таман сам мислио да се нашло нешто што ми фали, кад оно цврц, уписан пре седам ипо година.

Možeš da dodaš Burek npr. Može i Helać.
    паће

Post by паће Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:23 pm

А шта је хелаћ? Треба ми превод на енглески и на јасно.

_____
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:28 pm

Engleski.

Slomljen, skršen, teško (nepopravljivo) oštećen. Npr. imao je udes, i on i auto odoše helać, protutnja nevrijeme i led mi helać od bašte napravi.
    паће

Post by паће Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:32 pm

Хвала, утефтерено и може да се види. Оно, нисам баш сигуран колико држи кеширану верзију, за тако посан сајт се нисам никад потрудио. Знам да понекад морам доста да га освежавам док укачи шта сам последње мењао.

_____
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:24 am

Srećom pa su nemar i zaleđeni putevi tu da spriječe tragediju.

Zbog zaleđenih puteva i nemara kod Goražda izbjegnuta tragedija
    Erős Pista

Post by Erős Pista Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:26 am

Mediji kao takvi - Page 2 3579118792

_____

plachkica

Post by plachkica Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:30 pm

natviteru pičkaranja slobe georgieva i stevana dojčinovića, oko pravog autorstva danas objavljenog
    teksta u kriku.
    počelo je odavde

https://twitter.com/SlobaGeorgiev/status/968155332043333632

HOMOERECTUS‏ [ltr]@SlobaGeorgiev[/ltr] 2h2 hours ago
    [size=1]More
    [/size]
    HOMOERECTUS Retweeted Marginalac
    Objavila Pištaljka pre godinu dana
    HOMOERECTUS added,

Marginalac [ltr]@Marginalac1[/ltr]
    Replying to [ltr]@SlobaGeorgiev[/ltr]
    [ltr]Dobro tempirali ovi tvoji drugari iz Krika, Jarbole. Kad bi to neko znao da iskoristi.[/ltr]

[size=12]1 reply0 retweets5 likes
    [size=1]Reply

Retweet

[/size][/size]
    ficfiric

Post by ficfiric Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:34 pm

Da li ce izvestiti Informer o picvajzu?

_____

Uprava napolje!

Post by Sponsored content