Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jedno sasvim novo i drugačije Presidency..

Gargamel

Jedno sasvim novo i drugačije Presidency..   - Page 26 Empty Re: Jedno sasvim novo i drugačije Presidency..

Post by Gargamel Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:21 am

izvol'te.

The many tribes of 2020 election worriers: An ethnographic report

Cards on the table: I think if the presidential election were held today, Joe Biden would win by an undisputed margin. I further think that very little between now and November will change this supposition. Possible game-changers include: the presidential debates, gaffes by either candidate, changes in the economy or the pandemic, more social unrest and maybe some tell-all book. The Trump team’s plan to paint Biden as senile will probably backfire during the debates. President Trump is far more likely to commit a gaffe than Biden. And, as I noted in April, the fundamentals are likely to trend against Trump as the school year begins. Bad things happening tend to hurt the incumbent.

I say all this in the spirit of full transparency, but also because it cuts against the general feeling among the many political tribes paying manic attention to the state of the race.

In many ways, this week will be their golden moment to worry. There have not been many high-quality polls conducted in the past few weeks. This is in part because both conventions were held, injecting temporary volatility into the race. This kind of uncertainty allows imaginations to run free. And, interestingly enough, most people’s imaginations are telling them that Trump is closing the gap on Biden.

For reasons I will get into below, I don’t find this terribly convincing. But it is worth mapping out the multiple tribes who think the race is narrowing, why they think that and how seriously to take their arguments.

1) The #MAGA crowd. Trump’s true believers have been convinced all along that the president will be reelected. In July, Politico’s David Siders wrote a great story looking at GOP officials at the state and local level: “According to this view, the coronavirus is on its way out and the economy is coming back. Polls are unreliable, Joe Biden is too frail to last, and the media still doesn’t get it.” Similarly, last week, the New York Times’s Jason Zengerle wrote, “At the White House and inside the Trump campaign, there remains a stubborn, almost defiant sense of optimism — born, they believe, out of experience — that the president will win in November.”

This crowd can be easily dismissed for a bunch of reasons. First, even the higher-ups within Team Trump think he’s losing right now. According to Zengerle, Donald Trump Jr.’s mind-set is: “We’re losing, dude, and we’re going to get really hurt when we lose.” But perhaps the best single anecdote demonstrating the state of denial within the #MAGA crowd comes from Olivia Nuzzi’s recent look at the Trump campaign’s ground game. Spoiler alert: It does not come close to living up to the hype. One of Trump’s senior advisers best encapsulates the state of unreality within that tribe right now:

2) The maybe-Trumpers. There are conservatives who genuinely dislike Trump and feel he has coarsened the nation. They are not crazy about a Democrat winning, however, and so will also look for any sign that Biden is weakening. Sometimes it’s looking at truly useless metrics like prediction markets:

And sometimes it’s just feels:

To put it gently, prediction markets are a lousy indicator, and feelings are … well, just that. But this group has an outsize influence because they are intelligent conservatives who have not gone full #MAGA or full #NeverTrump. Still, unless they are slinging better data, they too can be safely ignored.

3) The Gen X demographic. Lewis’s feeling, echoed by many over the weekend, is that the chaos in Kenosha, Wis., Portland, Ore., and elsewhere will take the focus off the coronavirus and play into Trump’s law-and-order rhetoric. Methinks this is tied up in a Generation X phenomenon from the 1980s and 1990s, in which rising crime rates caused politicians on both sides of the aisle to evoke such rhetoric to ensure their electoral survival. Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton used the same tactic. One could argue that George H.W. Bush used it the most effectively. Those of us who came of political age during these decades probably assume that it would work again right now.

The evidence for this fear is pretty feeble, to be honest. The last time social unrest displaced the pandemic as the country’s leading story was in June, and during that month, Biden widened his lead. As for right now, Josh Barro noted that by Gallup’s data, only 4 percent of Americans believed that crime was the most important problem facing the country today. By contrast, 35 percent said it was the pandemic.

What has changed between the 1990s and now is the growing recognition that racism affects policing. Unless Biden starts calling for riots — which is the exact opposite of what he’s done — then unrest is far more likely to hurt Trump than not.

4) The media-narrative pushers. Never forget that the most important media bias during an election year is that the media wants a competitive race. And so campaign coverage will always raise the specter of a close race or frame it as such.

For example, consider this Associated Press story titled “Uncertainty dominates presidential campaign’s final stretch.” The reporters say, “As the candidates move beyond trouble-free conventions and into the final phase of the 2020 election season, both sides acknowledge the contest is tightening.” That seems pretty darn definitive!

Except that the story features a lot of claims to this effect by the Trump campaign. The Biden campaign’s contribution is limited to Biden senior adviser Anita Dunn saying, “This campaign has always known that it’s going to be a close race, it’s going to be a tough race. … It’s a polarized nation and we expect this kind of tightening.” That is the Crash Davis of campaign-cliche quotes.

5) The progressive left. This group is much less important than the others listed above, but a slice of former Bernie Sanders boosters are keen to latch on to any poll showing that the race is narrowing. This is usually followed by a suggestion that Biden fire up the progressive base and give up on his broad unity themes. This is less real concern and more political opportunism.

6) The 2016 PTSD crowd. Everyone else who does not want Trump to win and has not been listed above falls into this category. Trump seemed to defy the odds in 2016, and Democrats fear he will again. TPM’s Josh Marshall notes, “Regardless of the objective realities, Democrats will consistently anticipate loss or worry about loss while Republicans will consistently be confident of victory.” That jibes with my experience, too.

The standard narrative is that if the race tightens, swing-state polls cannot be trusted because of shy Trump voters and Trump administration efforts to suppress mail-in ballots. These people are so scarred by getting it wrong last time that they are prepping themselves for a similar shock this time around. In a worst-case scenario, at least they are prepared; in a best-case scenario, they experience a pleasant surprise.

Paradoxically, this very paranoia on the part of this group undercuts their worry. If they take nothing for granted, if they vote early, if they mobilize others to vote, then a nasty surprise becomes much less likely.

So there are a lot of disparate tribes with little in common but a belief that Trump will defeat Biden. They can point to minor drops in the prediction odds from FiveThirtyEight and the Economist as signs that it is all about to fall apart, or the occasional poll that shows a tight race.

I feel their pain, but I see a different picture. Neither the one legit tracking poll nor the polling on Trump’s favorability nor polls of key swing districts nor polls of third-party voters from 2016 shows any hint of Biden losing his lead. Even if the polls narrow a bit this week, standard convention dynamics suggest that will be ephemeral.

The surprising thing about the 2020 election so far has not been the fluctuations, but the constancy. Biden has had a steady lead for quite some time. I suspect that will persist. The problem is that an awful lot of people have a partisan, professional or psychological stake in a more exciting narrative.
    Vilmos Tehenészfiú

Jedno sasvim novo i drugačije Presidency..   - Page 26 Empty Re: Jedno sasvim novo i drugačije Presidency..

Post by Vilmos Tehenészfiú Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:25 am

Tramp ukinuo “white priviledge” seminare po državnim firmama:

Trump’s decision to eliminate the antiracism training — featuring “critical race theory” and discussions of “white privilege,” according to the directive — comes amid a nationwide reckoning on racial injustice the president has firmly opposed.

The change was announced in a memo sent to the heads of federal agencies from Russel Vought, director of the Office of Management and Budget. Vought wrote that Trump ordered the sessions cancelled after learning federal agencies are spending millions of dollars training employees in “divisive, anti-American propaganda.”

@ Gargamel: hvala.

_____
    "Burundi je svakako sharmantno mesto cinika i knjiskih ljudi koji gledaju stvar sa svog olimpa od kartona."

“Here he was then, cruising the deserts of Mexico in my Ford Torino with my wife and my credit cards and his black-tongued dog. He had a chow dog that went everywhere with him, to the post office and ball games, and now that red beast was making free with his lion feet on my Torino seats.”
    Janko Suvar

Post by Janko Suvar Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:04 am

fikret selimbašić

Post by fikret selimbašić Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:37 am

fikret hadžiabdić wrote:

As part of the accord, predominantly Muslim Kosovo will recognize Israel and normalize its ties with the country, with Jerusalem recognizing Kosovo in return.

Prije par dana normalizacija odnosa UAE i Izraela.

Dva američka predsednika zaredom će biti dobitnici Nobelove nagrade za mir, pri tom je drugi mandat tek pred Trampom Jedno sasvim novo i drugačije Presidency..   - Page 26 4101625831

Američki predsjednik Donald Trump nominovan je za Nobelovu nagradu za mir, objavio je "Fox News".
    Nominovao ga je Christian Tybring-Gjedde, desni član norveškog parlamenta.

Trump je u augustu sudjelovao u postizanju mirovnog sporazuma između Izraela i Ujedinjenih Arapskih Emirata.
    "Mislim da je više pokušao stvoriti mir među narodima od većine drugih kandidata za nagradu za mir", rekao je za "Fox News" norveški parlamentarac Tybring-Gjedde, koji je, ujedno, na funkciji predsjedavajućeg norveške delegacije u Parlamentarnoj skupštini NATO-a.

Jedno sasvim novo i drugačije Presidency..   - Page 26 2304934895

_____
    Međuopštinski pustolov.

Kijevljani, Kijevljani, paganski skupe. Da niste Mihajlika izdali, nikad Tatari Kijev ne bi zauzeli.

A onda, kad mjehne Raspotočje, onda je jebeno.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:37 am

Post by beatakeshi Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:51 am

Dižem za "Rockin' in the free world".
    Solus_Rex

Post by Solus_Rex Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:57 am

Seven nation army (coalition) propo.

_____
    "Sisaj kurac, Boomere. Spletkario si i nameštao ban pa se sad izvlačiš. Radiša je format a ti si mali iskompleksirani miš. Katastrofa za Burundi čoveče.
    A i deluje da te napustio drugar u odsudnom trenutku pa te spašavaju ova tovarka što vrv ni ne dismr na ribu, to joj se gadi, i ovaj južnjak koji o niškim kafanama čita na forumu. Prejaka šarža."  - Monsier K.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:17 am

skroz ste promašili. Fortunate Son je pesma Trampove baze koja ne želi da je deep state i bogataši šalje u ratove 10.000 km od kuće.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:34 am

A Tramp je smart (iako i fortunate son) jer je izbegao vojni rok više puta.
    fikret selimbašić

Post by fikret selimbašić Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:48 am

fikret hadžiabdić wrote:
    fikret hadžiabdić wrote:

Prije par dana normalizacija odnosa UAE i Izraela.

Dva američka predsednika zaredom će biti dobitnici Nobelove nagrade za mir, pri tom je drugi mandat tek pred Trampom Jedno sasvim novo i drugačije Presidency..   - Page 26 4101625831

Američki predsjednik Donald Trump nominovan je za Nobelovu nagradu za mir, objavio je "Fox News".
    Nominovao ga je Christian Tybring-Gjedde, desni član norveškog parlamenta.

Trump je u augustu sudjelovao u postizanju mirovnog sporazuma između Izraela i Ujedinjenih Arapskih Emirata.
    "Mislim da je više pokušao stvoriti mir među narodima od većine drugih kandidata za nagradu za mir", rekao je za "Fox News" norveški parlamentarac Tybring-Gjedde, koji je, ujedno, na funkciji predsjedavajućeg norveške delegacije u Parlamentarnoj skupštini NATO-a.

Jedno sasvim novo i drugačije Presidency..   - Page 26 2304934895

Kvotovaću sam sebe sve dok ne vidim Trampa u fraku.

Bahrein i Izrael su dogovorili da uspostave pune diplomatske veze, objavio je američki predsjednik Donald Trump, opisujući sporazum kao “historijsku prekretnicu”.

U zajedničkoj izjavi, SAD, Bahrein i Izrael su naveli da je sporazum postignut nakon što je Trump razgovarao sa izraelskim premijerom Benjaminom Netanyahuom i bahreinskim kraljem Hamadom bin Isa Al Khalifom u petak.
    “Ovo je historijska prekretnica za dalji mir na Bliskom istoku”, navodi se u izjavi.
    Sporazum je potpisan nakon što su Ujedinjeni Arapski Emirati napravili sličan potez prošlog mjeseca.
    Bahrein će se pridružiti Izraelu i UAE na ceremoniji potpisivanja u Bijeloj kući 15. septembra, rekao je Trump novinarima.

_____
    Međuopštinski pustolov.

Kijevljani, Kijevljani, paganski skupe. Da niste Mihajlika izdali, nikad Tatari Kijev ne bi zauzeli.

A onda, kad mjehne Raspotočje, onda je jebeno.
    Vilmos Tehenészfiú

Post by Vilmos Tehenészfiú Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:49 pm

Da javimo šeiku da pazi da mu ne zamene papir koji potpisuje?

_____
    "Burundi je svakako sharmantno mesto cinika i knjiskih ljudi koji gledaju stvar sa svog olimpa od kartona."

“Here he was then, cruising the deserts of Mexico in my Ford Torino with my wife and my credit cards and his black-tongued dog. He had a chow dog that went everywhere with him, to the post office and ball games, and now that red beast was making free with his lion feet on my Torino seats.”
    Korisnik
    Korisnik

Post by ontheotherhand Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:12 pm

Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:31 am

Jedno sasvim novo i drugačije Presidency..   - Page 26 Eh4LEIhXcAExSqo?format=png&name=360x360

Post by MNE Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:15 am

moze li Dzo da izdrzi 4 sata da ne zaspe
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:21 am

zaspaće samo ako se seti kako
    Korisnik
    Korisnik

Post by ontheotherhand Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:55 pm

Mr.Pink

Post by Mr.Pink Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:17 pm

ali u pravu je 

msm jebote okupili se neki retardi da prave zurku jer su zeleli da proglase nezavisnost od binary poretka? i sad gori pola amerike?

prosto pozelis smrt civilizaciji. i da, opasan pozar moze da ekslpodira, ko na filmu. msm mrzi me da gledam i analiziram i te inserte i video kompilacije, i da se iscudjavam kao neki dr, mr kurci kojima je izgleda jedini egzistencijalni smisao da kazu da su neki bolji kurac, a realno nisu

_____
    radikalni patrijarhalni feminista

smrk kod dijane hrk
    Mr.Pink

Post by Mr.Pink Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:24 pm

to je ko ono kad su se smejali berluskoniju kao neozbiljan je lik, ne moz tako se vodi politika, trt mrt

a lik fazon u 70+ i dalje jebe bolje ribe nego sto ce vecina njih ikada pojebati, preziveo kovid, preziveo sve sto mu natovarili, i nakon njega potop vulgarnih internet populista i cinika koji ne veruju ni u sta osim u internet ankete, splavove iz afrike i ko zna kakve poganluke

_____

smrk kod dijane hrk
    nalog sa ženinog laptopa

Post by nalog sa ženinog laptopa Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:27 pm

_____
    THE space age is upon us. Rockets are leaving our globe at 
    speeds unheard of only a few years ago, to orbit earth, moon, and 
    sun. People have visited the moon, we have sent space probes to 
    all but one of the planets, and words like "orbit" and "satellite" are 
    picked up by children in the nursery.
    Vilmos Tehenészfiú

Post by Vilmos Tehenészfiú Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:30 pm

A Mr Pink u fazonu Berluskoni krao i jebo hahaha baš ih je zajebo kad porastem biću Berluskoni.

_____

Vilmos Tehenészfiú

Post by Vilmos Tehenészfiú Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:35 pm

Mislim kad se ložiš na Berluskonija, šta se mrštiš na Vučića? I on krade i jebe a druga Srbija može samo da ga mrzi hahaha.

_____

Post by beatakeshi Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:31 pm

Vučić je peder.
    Mr.Pink

Post by Mr.Pink Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:50 am

berluskoni kada isprica vic o pederima to bude smesno, mada kapiram da bi se vucic i tada uvredio

_____

smrk kod dijane hrk
    паће

Post by паће Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:53 am

Заједничко им је и што обојица изгледају ружно кад се смеју.

_____
       I drove a škodilak before it was cool.
       Морони на власти чешће мењају правила него гаће.
    Korisnik
    Korisnik

Post by ontheotherhand Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:47 pm

Jedno sasvim novo i drugačije Presidency..   - Page 26 119177470_175405240721822_4982061753690822279_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=3KPZ5hN-jhIAX_Q47dI&_nc_ht=scontent.fnic3-1

Jedno sasvim novo i drugačije Presidency..   - Page 26 119066406_647368382636588_4617701168378530410_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=HU1p8vMRJfIAX9NCKNd&_nc_ht=scontent.fnic3-1

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:51 am