Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK - Politika i društvo

rumbeando

UK - Politika i društvo  - Page 33 Empty Re: UK - Politika i društvo

Post by rumbeando Sat May 04, 2024 7:32 pm

Sky News je na osnovu rezultata ovih lokalnih izbora napravio procenu za parlament po kojoj laburisti neće imati apsolutnu većinu.

UK - Politika i društvo  - Page 33 GkYAMgj

https://news.sky.com/story/sky-news-projection-labour-on-course-to-be-largest-party-but-short-of-overall-majority-13128242

Ni po BBC-jevoj projekciji se laburisti nisu proslavili.

UK - Politika i društvo  - Page 33 Ab8UOEM

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c3g935ynj18o
    boomer crook

Post by boomer crook Sat May 04, 2024 8:19 pm

baba milo snilo. mislim sky je torijevsko legalo.

_____
    And Will's father stood up, stuffed his pipe with tobacco, rummaged his pockets for matches, brought out a battered harmonica, a penknife, a cigarette lighter that wouldn't work, and a memo pad he had always meant to write some great thoughts down on but never got around to, and lined up these weapons for a pygmy war that could be lost before it even started
    Nektivni Ugnelj

Post by Nektivni Ugnelj Sat May 04, 2024 8:51 pm

Ne postoji poll po kome LAB vodi manje od 18%. Mislim, to bi bilo to, jer je, da ponovim, Blair 1997 napravio totalni landslide sa pobedom od 13%.
    паће

Post by паће Sat May 04, 2024 8:56 pm

boomer crook wrote:baba milo snilo. mislim sky je torijevsko lаgalo.

фифи

_____
       commented, fermented, demented, mementoed, cemented, lamented.
       анархеологистика: оно кад не знаш где си га затурио, и кад.
    Del Cap

Post by Del Cap Thu May 09, 2024 11:09 am

Preletačevićka, dostojna za obe partije, prava i za torijevce i za Starmera.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/natalie-elphicke-labour-defection-leaflets-b2542103.html

Natalie Elphicke sent leaflet attacking Labour a day before defecting to join the party

The right-wing former Tory said on Tuesday Sir Keir Starmer had ‘no plan’ and would ‘take Britain back to square one’

Archie Mitchell

Natalie Elphicke sent out a leaflet attacking the Labour Party just a day before defecting to become a Labour MP.

The right-wing former Tory, who crossed the floor on Wednesday, said on Tuesday Sir Keir Starmer had “no plan” and would “take Britain back to square one”.

In a message paid for by the Conservative Party, Ms Elphicke criticised Labour’s stance on the economy, taxes, immigration, net zero and apprenticeships.

The leaflet, seen by The Times, said Labour supports uncontrolled immigration while the Conservatives were taking action to stop the boats.

But, in a statement issued as she defected, Ms Elphicke said: “From small boats to biosecurity, Rishi Sunak’s government is failing to keep our borders safe and secure.

“Lives are being lost in the English Channel while small boat arrivals are once again at record levels. It’s clear they have failed to keep our borders secure and cannot be trusted.”

She added: “We need to move on from the broken promises of Rishi Sunak’s tired and chaotic Government.”

Her defection shocked Westminster, with only a handful of figures at the top of the Labour Party aware of the plans ahead of the move. She was seen as a right-winger even on the Tory benches, and Labour MPs questioned Sir Keir’s decision to welcome her to the party.

Her defection also raised questions about Sir Keir’s commitment to tackling violence against women and girls, which he has made a central part of his pitch as Labour leader.

After her ex-husband Charlie Elphicke was found guilty of three counts of sexual assault against two women, the new Labour MP for Dover said he had been punished for being “attractive” and being “attracted to women”.

Ms Elphicke was also temporarily suspended from the Commons in 2021 for trying to influence his trial and was forced to apologise.

Charlotte Cornell, a Labour councillor who ran against Ms Elphicke in Dover in 2019, told The Independent: “Her comments minimised what was predatory behaviour and sexual abuse.”

Labour Party chairman Anneliese Dodds said Ms Elphicke has already been made accountable for past comments defending her ex husband after he was convicted for sexual assault.

Ms Dodds told Times Radio: “Of course, this is an incredibly serious issue and there was a judicial process, quite rightly, around that sexual assault.

"There was accountability for Natalie Elphicke in the fact that there was a parliamentary process around this.

"Now, it’s quite right that there was a parliamentary process, as I say Natalie Elphicke has gone through that, and I believe that she has addressed this in Parliament and in public, and rightly so, because this is a very serious subject."

Education secretary Gillian Keegan said Ms Elphicke was a "very odd fit" for the Labour Party considering her views on immigration

She told LBC: “Her principles and her policies, and her positions, have changed as often as Keir Starmer’s.

"I don’t really know her, she’s much more on the right of the party. I think somebody said they couldn’t find anyone more right-wing than Natalie Elphicke.

"So, I don’t really know her very well but clearly she has had a massive 180 degree change in some of her views miraculously, I guess overnight, and I’m not 100% sure how you can change your views and principles that quickly."
    rumbeando

Post by rumbeando Thu May 09, 2024 11:49 am

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:36 am