Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pinker pred andjelima bolje prirode

Erős Pista

Pinker pred andjelima bolje prirode - Page 18 Empty Re: Pinker pred andjelima bolje prirode

Post by Erős Pista Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:20 am

This is a gift that just keeps on giving. Prašćajte na gugl translejtu, nema na engleskom.

- You met Viktor Orbán, who is also shown in some negative colors by some media.  What do you think corresponds to the reality you had previously read about it?

- Possible, but I don't know for sure.  I know that one of the things that their prime minister is trying to do is to restore the metaphysical foundation of Hungarian culture. You may be lucky and will succeed.  It cannot be said now when everything is changing.  Some Eastern European countries would organize their lives differently than Westerners, and it will be clear in the future what will be the end of everything.

_____
    "Oni kroz mene gledaju u vas! Oni kroz njega gledaju u vas! Oni kroz vas gledaju u mene... i u sve nas."

Dragoslav Bokan, Novi putevi oftalmologije
    Anonymous

Pinker pred andjelima bolje prirode - Page 18 Empty Re: Pinker pred andjelima bolje prirode

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:16 am

Erős Pista

Post by Erős Pista Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:10 am

Good save...

_____
    "Oni kroz mene gledaju u vas! Oni kroz njega gledaju u vas! Oni kroz vas gledaju u mene... i u sve nas."

boomer crook

Post by boomer crook Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:19 am

ali prvi deo je zapravo "ja sam drkadzija koji ispravlja ljude i nije u stanju da promeni temu i zato me epstajn - srecom! - nije voleo"

_____
    And Will's father stood up, stuffed his pipe with tobacco, rummaged his pockets for matches, brought out a battered harmonica, a penknife, a cigarette lighter that wouldn't work, and a memo pad he had always meant to write some great thoughts down on but never got around to, and lined up these weapons for a pygmy war that could be lost before it even started
    Erős Pista

Post by Erős Pista Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:03 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/sep/07/jeffrey-epstein-mit-funding-tech-intellectuals

_____

Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:38 pm

Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:39 pm

“It is for this reason that Nelson Muntz of The Simpsons is so necessary to the small social group that surrounds Homer’s antihero son, Bart. Without Nelson, King of the Bullies, the school would soon be overrun by resentful, touchy Milhouses, narcissistic, intellectual Martin Princes, soft, chocolate-gorging German children, and infantile Ralph Wiggums. Muntz is a corrective, a tough, self-sufficient kid who uses his own capacity for contempt to decide what line of immature and pathetic behaviour simply cannot be crossed. Part of the genius of The Simpsons is its writers’ refusal to simply write Nelson off as an irredeemable bully. Abandoned by his worthless father, neglected, thankfully, by his thoughtless slut of a mother, Nelson does pretty well, everything considered.”
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:41 pm

jasno mi je i zašto je pukao. nije lako skinuti se sa lekova, nije lako imati bolest u porodici. nije lako izvući se iz mulja vukući sopstveni perčin.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:39 pm

Papa Lazarou wrote:

jel probao da sredi sobu Pinker pred andjelima bolje prirode - Page 18 2348298330
    Erős Pista

Post by Erős Pista Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:41 pm

Papa Lazarou wrote:
    [size=34]“It is for this reason that Nelson Muntz of The Simpsons is so necessary to the small social group that surrounds Homer’s antihero son, Bart. Without Nelson, King of the Bullies, the school would soon be overrun by resentful, touchy Milhouses, narcissistic, intellectual Martin Princes, soft, chocolate-gorging German children, and infantile Ralph Wiggums. Muntz is a corrective, a tough, self-sufficient kid who uses his own capacity for contempt to decide what line of immature and pathetic behaviour simply cannot be crossed. Part of the genius of The Simpsons is its writers’ refusal to simply write Nelson off as an irredeemable bully. Abandoned by his worthless father, neglected, thankfully, by his thoughtless slut of a mother, Nelson does pretty well, everything considered.”[/size]

Pinker pred andjelima bolje prirode - Page 18 3579118792

Dobro si setio ovoga.

Ha-ha!

_____

Erős Pista

Post by Erős Pista Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:11 pm

There is no doubt that Cathy has been subjected to a withering barrage of criticism online. One of the things I’ve been trying to do is to try to imagine what I’d do if I found myself in her situation and how I would react to it and understand how it was happening. But they’ve provided no evidence that the criticisms constituted threats. There are some nasty cracks online but the idea that this is somehow reflective of a fundamental misogyny and that’s what’s driving this is ridiculous.

“Channel 4 said that she was afraid for her life, and that the police had to be called in. You could call the police in for anything; that isn’t evidence of a credible threat. I thought, ‘Oh, now they’re going to spin this as a victim narrative’. Which I was appalled at.”

“Cathy Newman goes out of her way to be harsh and contentious as a public figure. She’s already put herself in the fray and if you’re part of the privileged elite you don’t get to do that and say, ‘Oh, look, now I’m being victimised by my fame’.”

And then the Newman people who were absolutely flabbergasted by the negative response said "Peterson has unleashed his army of trolls and poor Kathy had to go into hiding". It's like there's no evidence of any credible threats. They said they called in the police, but you can do that without there being reason, you can just say that, which is what they did, they played a victim narrative instantly. Although one thing Kathy Newman is not, even though she might play it at the behest of her employers, is a victim. She's one of the most powerful people in Britain. She's no victim. So to play the victim card in a situation like that is absolutely reprehensible, but that's what they did it.

_____

Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:33 pm

eh.
    Indy

Post by Indy Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:08 pm

Pinker’s Pollyannish Philosophy and Its Perfidious Politics
    Indy

Post by Indy Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:26 pm

Netko je otkrio Better Angels (ili možda Hansa Roslinga)... Pinker pred andjelima bolje prirode - Page 18 2304934895

https://www.cenzolovka.rs/mediologija/svet-je-bolji-nego-ikad-gde-su-nestale-dobre-vesti
    паће

Post by паће Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:13 pm

Статистика, наша дика.

_____
       I drove a škodilak before it was cool.
       Морони на власти чешће мењају правила него гаће.
    Indy

Post by Indy Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:42 pm

U stvari, nisam siguran više da li se to (što radi recimo Pinker) odaziva na ime statistika. Evo npr. pasusa iz gornjeg linka (onog iznad Kišjuhasa). To je valjda neka "kvalitativna analiza", na čemu se bazira dosta tzv. data mininga, ali sve to izgleda toliko wishy-washy da se u odnosu na to Derrida čini egzaktnim naučnikom.

Speaking of nonsense, a few words about the data. The first thing Pinker does with data is to establish an enemy: The New York Times. The first of his 75 graphs purportedly shows that The New York Times has been misleading and gratuitously depressing its readers by becoming increasingly “negative” between 1945 and 2010. [12] This graph has been produced by a market research tool called “sentiment mining.” According to Kalev Leetaru, an internet entrepreneur and Pinker’s source on the negativity of The New York Times, “Sentiment mining counts up the number of words in a document that appear in precompiled dictionaries of ‘positive’ and ‘negative’ words to determine the density of emotional language and its overall ‘tone.’” The scare-quotes around “positive,” “negative,” and “tone” are a giveaway: Leetaru himself realizes it can’t be this simple. He continues, “[w]hile not as accurate as humans, automated sentiment mining systems are robust enough that they are now used by most large companies to monitor the online discourse about their products and learn which areas consumers like and dislike.”

(Itd. članak dalje daje odličan primer ove kvalitativne analize, gde se npr. izjava Trumpa o Greti Thunberg broji kao pozitivna. Izjava, da podsetim: “She seems like a very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future. So nice to see!”)

Što se tiče "vađenja miliona iz siromaštva" (alem kamen Pinkera, Bill Gatesa, i sada Kišjuhasa), treba pogledati polemiku između Jasona Hickela i Pinkera (zajedno sa Bill Gatesom) o tome kako je siromaštvo u tim (što ti kažeš paće) "statistikama" definisano na jedan blago rečeno problematičan način (ukratko stopa siromaštva koja se koristi je preniska, što broj onih "izvučenih" iz siromaštva čini dramatično većim). Branko Milanović, koji se trudi da bude neutralan u ovom sporu Hickel/Pinker (jel' se, po meni, malo previše druži sa Nassimom Talebom, ali dobro) - se slaže sa Hickelom u principu oko ovoga. A, mislim, ako neko zna nešto o nejednakosti na globalnom nivou, valjda bi to bio Milanović. (Da ne pominem što je ogromna većina "izvučenih iz siromaštva" u Kini, nominalno "komunističkoj" zemlji... Ali, to je druga priča.)

Bilo bi super da Kišjuhas dođe ovde da pričamo o tome (Mau?) Inače, ostao mi je u lepom sećanju od tamoa. A što se tiče "Better Angels" filozofije i Pinkera uopšte, nije tako davno bilo da sam ja bio na sličnim pozicijama sa Kišjuhasom (doduše, ne tako ubeđeno...) Meni je glavni razlog što sam to zauvek napustio (pa možda postao i neki beznačajni oponent) - klimatsko/ekološka katastrofa koju je ovaj sistem koji ovi hvale proizveo (i svuda je već oko nas). Ne mogu da se ne setim priče pomenutog Nassima Taleba, gde objašnjavajući Black Swan fenomen, koristi primer ćurke koju farmer tovi 1000 dana zaredom - ako pitamo ćurku 1000-tog dana, stvari nisu nikada bile bolje! A onda, 1001-og dana, radi nož.

To što svetli u tunelu, dragi druže Pinkere, nije izlaz, već dolazeći voz...
    паће

Post by паће Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:51 pm

Па то му је главна противречност, како је премештање више од половине светског богатства у џепове шачице, која не броји ни хиљаду, могло да помогне да се смањи број сиромашних? Једини начин који ми пада на ум да они гравитационо утичу на бројање.

Добро, не баш једини, ту је још и подметање ратова тамо где има вишка сиротиње.

_____
       I drove a škodilak before it was cool.
       Морони на власти чешће мењају правила него гаће.
    Erős Pista

Post by Erős Pista Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:12 pm

Indy wrote:U stvari, nisam siguran više da li se to (što radi recimo Pinker) odaziva na ime statistika. Evo npr. pasusa iz gornjeg linka (onog iznad Kišjuhasa). To je valjda neka "kvalitativna analiza", na čemu se bazira dosta tzv. data mininga, ali sve to izgleda toliko wishy-washy da se u odnosu na to Derrida čini egzaktnim naučnikom.

Speaking of nonsense, a few words about the data. The first thing Pinker does with data is to establish an enemy: The New York Times. The first of his 75 graphs purportedly shows that The New York Times has been misleading and gratuitously depressing its readers by becoming increasingly “negative” between 1945 and 2010. [12] This graph has been produced by a market research tool called “sentiment mining.” According to Kalev Leetaru, an internet entrepreneur and Pinker’s source on the negativity of The New York Times, “Sentiment mining counts up the number of words in a document that appear in precompiled dictionaries of ‘positive’ and ‘negative’ words to determine the density of emotional language and its overall ‘tone.’” The scare-quotes around “positive,” “negative,” and “tone” are a giveaway: Leetaru himself realizes it can’t be this simple. He continues, “[w]hile not as accurate as humans, automated sentiment mining systems are robust enough that they are now used by most large companies to monitor the online discourse about their products and learn which areas consumers like and dislike.”

(Itd. članak dalje daje odličan primer ove kvalitativne analize, gde se npr. izjava Trumpa o Greti Thunberg broji kao pozitivna. Izjava, da podsetim: “She seems like a very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future. So nice to see!”)

Što se tiče "vađenja miliona iz siromaštva" (alem kamen Pinkera, Bill Gatesa, i sada Kišjuhasa), treba pogledati polemiku između Jasona Hickela i Pinkera (zajedno sa Bill Gatesom) o tome kako je siromaštvo u tim (što ti kažeš paće) "statistikama" definisano na jedan blago rečeno problematičan način (ukratko stopa siromaštva koja se koristi je preniska, što broj onih "izvučenih" iz siromaštva čini dramatično većim). Branko Milanović, koji se trudi da bude neutralan u ovom sporu Hickel/Pinker (jel' se, po meni, malo previše druži sa Nassimom Talebom, ali dobro) - se slaže sa Hickelom u principu oko ovoga. A, mislim, ako neko zna nešto o nejednakosti na globalnom nivou, valjda bi to bio Milanović. (Da ne pominem što je ogromna većina "izvučenih iz siromaštva" u Kini, nominalno "komunističkoj" zemlji... Ali, to je druga priča.)

Bilo bi super da Kišjuhas dođe ovde da pričamo o tome (Mau?) Inače, ostao mi je u lepom sećanju od tamoa. A što se tiče "Better Angels" filozofije i Pinkera uopšte, nije tako davno bilo da sam ja bio na sličnim pozicijama sa Kišjuhasom (doduše, ne tako ubeđeno...) Meni je glavni razlog što sam to zauvek napustio (pa možda postao i neki beznačajni oponent) - klimatsko/ekološka katastrofa koju je ovaj sistem koji ovi hvale proizveo (i svuda je već oko nas). Ne mogu da se ne setim priče pomenutog Nassima Taleba, gde objašnjavajući Black Swan fenomen, koristi primer ćurke koju farmer tovi 1000 dana zaredom - ako pitamo ćurku 1000-tog dana, stvari nisu nikada bile bolje! A onda, 1001-og dana, radi nož.

To što svetli u tunelu, dragi druže Pinkere, nije izlaz, već dolazeći voz...

Odlican komentar, ali si previse nezan sprocu Kisjuhasa. Meni je taj njegov pinkerizam koji fura vec godinama, potpuno bizaran, narocito kad ga primeni na Srbiju i politicka desavanja u njoj. Na primer ovako:

https://www.danas.rs/kolumna/aleksej-kisjuhas/ana-je-okej/

Cak i u Vucicevoj Srbiji nezadrzivo srljamo u progres.

_____

Nektivni Ugnelj

Post by Nektivni Ugnelj Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:23 pm

primer ćurke koju farmer tovi 1000 dana zaredom - ako pitamo ćurku 1000-tog dana, stvari nisu nikada bile bolje!
    Pinker pred andjelima bolje prirode - Page 18 3579118792
    Indy

Post by Indy Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:24 pm

(Moram da priznam da ne čitam Kišjuhasove kolumne redovno - ovu sam slučajno video linkovanu tamo(tm)).
    Korisnik
    Korisnik

Post by ontheotherhand Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:40 pm

Ima super knjiga od pre pedes godina How to Lie with Statistics. Overite je ako već niste.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Lie_with_Statistics
    http://faculty.neu.edu.cn/cc/zhangyf/papers/How-to-Lie-with-Statistics.pdf
    Indy

Post by Indy Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:50 pm

Oopsie

Controversy
    In the 1960s Huff was funded by the tobacco industry to produce a follow-up book titled How to Lie with Smoking Statistics that attempted to use statistical arguments to undermine claims that smoking was harmful to health. The book was never published but Huff has subsequently been criticised by statisticians for his involvement and the arguments advanced in draft copies.

(Postoji problem u tom prevelikom insistiranju da je statistika naša dika - što poželi to naslika: ima tu jedan Trumpian alt-right ugao, gde se svaki ekspert automatski podozreva, ako ne i otvoreno prezire. Mislim da i sa skepsom treba biti oprezan, ili barem doziran.)
    Mr.Pink

Post by Mr.Pink Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:15 pm

el su to sad podigli starosnu granicu za pusenje na 21 po amerikama?

ne znam kako im je to proslo

_____
    radikalni patrijarhalni feminista

smrk kod dijane hrk
    Mr.Pink

Post by Mr.Pink Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:17 pm

valjda u paketu sa ovom privatizacijom sistema sertifikacije mesa

da ispadne da brinu o zdravlju masa

_____

smrk kod dijane hrk
    Mr.Pink

Post by Mr.Pink Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:17 pm

true centrism

_____

smrk kod dijane hrk

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:26 am