Pinker pred andjelima bolje prirode

Re: Pinker pred andjelima bolje prirode

Post by William Murderface on Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:23 am

Esencija.

The result is a warped vision in which those who do not partake in the benefits of progress are simply not seeing things as they should and any politics based on them would not be “evidence-based” and thus flawed. In the heydays of Stalinism, such considerations where denounced as ‘subjectivism’—and so, it seems, under high neoliberalism.

_____
"Oni kroz mene gledaju u vas! Oni kroz njega gledaju u vas! Oni kroz vas gledaju u mene... i u sve nas."

Dragoslav Bokan, Novi putevi oftalmologije

Post by William Murderface on Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:01 pm

_____
"Oni kroz mene gledaju u vas! Oni kroz njega gledaju u vas! Oni kroz vas gledaju u mene... i u sve nas."

Post by kuku on Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:12 pm

odlican

_____
imam vremena za kurve za kurve bajo

Post by William Murderface on Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:30 pm

_____

Post by Gargantua on Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:21 pm

"He looks like a very confused founding father that's been time-travelled to the present day"

Post by William Murderface on Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:03 pm

Ceo intervju je odličan. Ovaj Hasan je najbolji intervjuer kog sam u životu gledao. Pinker ispao totalna blenta i fanatik. Na pitanje - pa kako stojimo sa klimatskim promenama, odgovara - pa šanse su nam značajno veće od nule da izađemo na kraj sa njom. Znači, ko da je pao s Marsa pravo na glavu.

_____

Post by Gargantua on Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:09 pm

Dobar je Mehdi, evo mu podcasta https://theintercept.com/podcasts/deconstructed/

Post by Mr. Moonlight on Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:15 pm

što ga neko ne ošiša do glave

_____
    .i.

When I Get Low, I Get High.

Writing in the book of life, a chapter of insanity

Post by паће on Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:18 pm

Mr. Moonlight wrote:što ga neko ne ošiša do glave

А не, постоји правна држава тамо негде. Прво да докажу да се курвао са окупатором.

_____
то ја бришем, некад милице некад не
I want to be Bujumbura for a while. Then I'll can say Bujumbura is a place I've been.

Post by William Murderface on Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:34 pm

Lebe, koji ljigavi gad.

_____

Post by bruno sulak on Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:02 pm

koji monti pajton

_____
The law provides us structure to guide us through paralyzing and trying times. But it requires us a vision to its procedures and higher purposes. Before we assume our respective roles in this enduring drama just let me say that when these frail shadows we inhabit now have quit the stage we'll meet and raise a glass again together in Valhalla.

Post by William Murderface on Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:40 pm

E, Filipe, vidi!

So the story basically comes from the scheduled debate between Douglas Lain and Jordan Peterson. Obviously that debate never happened, Peterson dropped out at the last minute with no explanation. When he was finally pushed into giving an answer, it basically amounted to “Douglas Lain isn’t famous enough for me” but he still kept on going around saying that no Marxists would debate him. Being greatly annoyed by this, we decided we’d host a debate between Peterson and a Marxist of a relatable popularity. We eventually ended up securing Richard Wolff who is easily as popular as Peterson and one of the most prominent Marxists in academia and the world. We had the conference date set and were in the midst of securing funding when we contacted Peterson in order to secure his attendance. We were informed by his agent that he would not be able to attend on the days we had selected due to him being busy. That’s actually not a huge thing, we selected a date in October and this was early July so we could maybe reschedule. We were also informed his minimum speaking fee was 50 thousand dollars. To put it shortly, that’s more than any of us make in a year, a damn shade more than we could ever get funding for, and just a frankly ludicrous amount to demand. To underscore this, if we decided to hire him, we’d be paying him to come and defend his own reputation on a day that was not of our choosing and now he wanted 50 thousand dollars just for that. We were not demanding he do it for free, Wolff has agreed to speak for five thousand and so we were planning on offering him the same since that seemed more than fair. However, we simply couldn’t afford the new amount and we decided we shouldn’t have to negotiate with some right-wing pseudo-intellectual just to be able to debate him so instead we reorganized the conference around responding to him as a thinker and used the extra money to hire more speakers and to allow more people to be able to present there own works on him. Tl;dr: Lobster Daddy wouldn’t debate us unless we payed him so instead we’re just critiquing him.

_____

Post by Filipenko on Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:49 pm

Uuu ekstra!

Post by William Murderface on Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:55 pm

Super što su pozvali Vulfa. Razvaliće.

_____

Post by Filipenko on Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:14 am

Ne znam, možda bi bio slabiji u debati da je održana. Ali sigurno će kandidovati teme™️ 

Post by MNE on Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:24 pm

and now he wanted 50 thousand dollars just for that. We were not demanding he do it for free, Wolff has agreed to speak for five thousand and so we were planning on offering him the same since that seemed more than fair. 

hahaha marksizam na djelu

Post by William Murderface on Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:24 pm

It’s telling that a Nietzschean conservative like Peterson would have such an easy time praising a seemingly wishy-washy, quant-liberal like Pinker. What they share is a fundamental rejection of activist politics and the worldview of resentment that they see underwriting it. What they share too is high praise for humility, and a constant invocation of human limits — both epistemic and moral.

But this odd bromance is more than a one-off peculiarity. It is indicative of a long-standing tendency of liberals and authoritarian reactionaries to embrace one another in times of political upheaval. Pinker voices the standard liberal reservations about Peterson, especially his faith-based philosophy and anti-humanism. At the same time, he is quick to defend Peterson against critics on the Left. What they share is a primal fear, not of elitist hierarchy, but instead of rabid populism from below.
https://jacobinmag.com/2018/10/steven-pinker-enlightenment-now-review

_____

Post by Indy on Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:49 pm

Mene je malo više iznenadilo da vidim kako je Russell Brand "chummy" sa Petersonom.

_____
Eto šta škola učini od čoveka! A mogao je da bude majstor, kad toliko voli.

Post by William Murderface on Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:37 pm

_____

Post by ontheotherhand on Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:56 pm

Šta je kod Pitersona Ničeanski konzervativno?

Post by William Murderface on Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:11 pm

Slabašan je Piterson ničeanac. Ono gde malo prepisuje Ničea je u antiegalitarizmu i analizi resantimana (koju naravno, ne primenjuje na hrišćanstvo).

_____

Post by bruno sulak on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:52 pm

nikakav nicenac takoreci

_____
The law provides us structure to guide us through paralyzing and trying times. But it requires us a vision to its procedures and higher purposes. Before we assume our respective roles in this enduring drama just let me say that when these frail shadows we inhabit now have quit the stage we'll meet and raise a glass again together in Valhalla.

Post by Indy on Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:15 pm

Uh, malo sam slušao Petersona o Marxu (na YouTubeu) i to je stvarno jadno. To je kao kad bih ja sad, bez ikakve prirpreme, krenuo da improvizujem nekakvu filozofiju o operskim pevačima (a nikad u životu nisam bio u / na operi, niti studirao muziku). Ili da filozofiram o gejmerima, a poslednje što sam igrao je bio Chucky Chuckie Egg, tamo 1989.

_____
Eto šta škola učini od čoveka! A mogao je da bude majstor, kad toliko voli.

Post by Filipenko on Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:47 pm

Indy wrote:Uh, malo sam slušao Petersona o Marxu (na YouTubeu) i to je stvarno jadno. To je kao kad bih ja sad, bez ikakve prirpreme, krenuo da improvizujem nekakvu filozofiju o operskim pevačima (a nikad u životu nisam bio u / na operi, niti studirao muziku). Ili da filozofiram o gejmerima, a poslednje što sam igrao je bio Chucky Chuckie Egg, tamo 1989.

To nije isto, jer bi ti imao makar trunku rezervisanosti, koju uostalom i ovom rečenicom pokazuješ, za razliku od njega, koji udara gde stigne, i to sa namerom.

Post by William Murderface on Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:03 pm

Marxian economist Richard Wolff responds to Jordan Peterson =68.ARCVC8Gyc1u-7slEDLFBasWzce0ocxVZXa3VmjfCzvGg1CxpYZNY7lOmD0NH1M1vFbUn22XQE1l1TgJ4viI4eInt4qKPF9M3Ai4Cjpraf21WRT6bwSypLJug92_2k_8aKobZ6iZHNGl9K_d4UUuOAgPD2cFR1rh6VgBrG46W5_6c8tLNX7sgdRldcbLKv_kPJrNjzeE9Kuz99khmld-VVkqU7gJdFb0nQA&__tn__=%2ANK-R]#JPCON

_____

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:28 pm