Veteran of two wars.
Father of nine children.
Drowned in the Caspian Sea.

Re: UK - Politika i društvo

Post by Gargantua on Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:40 pm

Post by KinderLad on Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:51 pm

Treba procitati ceo izveštaj

8% of Leave voters in Great Britain said they had changed their mind and would now
prefer to remain in the EU. However, 25% of Remain voters said it is right for Brexit to
go ahead given the result of the referendum.

Te dve stvari uopšte nisu ista kategorija, odnosno, kad bi bio ponovni referendum veliko je pitanje kako bi se završio. 8% regretersa nije malo.

https://lordashcroftpolls.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Brexit-The-Border-and-The-Union-Lord-Ashcroft-Polls-June-2018.pdf

Post by MNE on Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:38 pm

kbk kako bi se završio, nakon jebanja nema kajanja

Post by Gargantua on Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:55 pm

Alal vera alal vera

Brexit: Government eyes Ukraine-style association agreement with EU

Cabinet will formalise a proposal in the coming weeks with talks deadline looming

The government is considering a Ukraine-style “association agreement” with the EU to govern future relations with the bloc after Brexit.

The deal, which would include a free trade agreement, regulatory alignment, and cooperation on security and foreign affairs, is being explored in Downing Street, according to a senior cabinet source.

The format, which the EU also has with countries like Georgia and Moldova, would help avoid a complex web of bilateral agreements like the one which governs relations between the EU and Switzerland.

The approach, recommended by the European parliament based on Theresa May’s red lines, would not include single market or customs union membership
, but could open the door to more cooperation than a basic free trade agreement, depending on specifics.

A white paper fleshing out the UK position on what the future relationship should look like has been delayed until at least July, pending a cabinet awayday at Chequers to thrash out a unified government position.

But speaking ahead of the meeting a senior cabinet source said: “In terms of what we’re looking for in that future partnership, it will be, I think, wide-ranging.

“A supercharged association agreement isn’t a bad concept to think about. There would be a number of different pillars – there would need to be an economic partnership which should go beyond existing third-country precedents.”

Association agreements can vary in scope, though the ones with the closest levels of economic cooperation, such as Ukraine’s, are overseen by the European Court of Justice – which Theresa May has said she wants to leave the jurisdiction of. Michel Barnier, the EU’s chief negotiator, has said this British red line ruled out such an arrangement.

Ukraine’s agreement, under which the country submits to some ECJ jurisdiction, does not however eliminate border checks on the trade of goods between it and the EU. The UK has said it wants its final agreement with the EU to eliminate the need for any hard border, to solve the Irish border issue.

But when discussing the association agreement format, the senior cabinet source added: “It’s an empty box, you can put whatever you want in it.”

It was reported on Thursday that the prime minister could try to keep the UK in the single market for goods, which might be a component of such a deal.

The idea of an association agreement was first proposed in talks by Guy Verhofstadt, the European parliament’s Brexit coordinator. The Belgian MEP, who visited Westminster for discussions this week, says the “flexible” system would help avoid creating “a nightmarish web of agreements made up of over a hundred bilateral treaties” as currently exists between the EU and Switzerland.

Government sources say the white paper on the future relationship will be published “relatively soon” after the cabinet meeting at Chequers.

This will give the UK a maximum of three months to negotiate the framework for the future relationship before the October deadline for a deal. An extension of the Article 50 negotiating period is understood to be “not something the British government is considering”.

The deadline is important because the government has repeatedly said it does not believe parliament will actually give its backing to the withdrawal agreement unless there is significant detail provided.

The view in government is also that solving the Irish border issue is “intimately related” to settling the future relationship. “Those things hang together politically,” the senior cabinet source said.

But they said they knew “of no member of the cabinet in London who would be prepared to sign up” to the European Commission plan for the backstop, including “ardent” Remainers.

The delay in the future relationship paper means it will not be published ahead of this month’s European Council summit, where EU national leaders are expected to speak of their “concern” in progress on the Irish border, warn of the risk of a “no deal”, and pledge to step up contingency planning.

After that Brussels meeting the next scheduled summit is in October – the deadline the EU has set for signing a deal in time for the end of the Article 50 period in March, when Britain is set to drop out of the bloc.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-news-uk-ukraine-eea-theresa-may-georgia-moldova-a8410056.html

Post by KinderLad on Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:50 pm

Government eyes Ukraine-style association agreement with EU

Hoće li Putin to dopustiti?

Je Bo Te

Post by паће on Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:06 pm

Неко у Лондону призива украјински сценарио. Вероватно већ имају и спремног новинара за васкрсавање.

_____
то ја бришем, некад милице некад не
I want to be Bujumbura for a while. Then I'll can say Bujumbura is a place I've been.

Post by Gargantua on Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:17 pm

Boris Johnson was embroiled in a diplomatic row with Brussels on Friday night after he was accused of using a four-letter word to dismiss an ambassador’s question about the post-Brexit needs of British business.

EU diplomats have claimed that during a Foreign Office reception to celebrate the Queen’s birthday last week, the Foreign Secretary was asked about the fears of some business leaders over Brexit and replied: “f*** business.”

Post by Gargantua on Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:37 pm

e budale

Post by Gargantua on Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:02 am

Errrrrr

A couple who fell seriously ill near the English town of Amesbury were poisoned with the same Novichok nerve agent used in the nearby Skripal incident, British police confirmed on Wednesday.

The Skripal case caused a rift between the UK and Russia, after the UK concluded that the nerve agent used was Soviet-made. Moscow denied the claim and the confrontation led to an exchange of diplomat expulsions between both countries.

What we know so far:

A 45-year-old man and a 44-year-old woman were found unconscious on Saturday at a house in a quiet neighborhood of Amesbury, just 12 kilometers (8 miles) from Salisbury, where the Skripals were poisoned.
They are in a critical condition in the same UK hospital where Sergei Skripal and his daughter Julia were treated.
Local police have established two help lines to take calls from those who may have concerns about a possible contamination.
Police have restricted access to five locations, including a park and a property in Salisbury, and a pharmacy and a community center in Amesbury.
Scientists are conducting tests on the substance to see if it belongs to the same batch as the one in the Skripal case.

Post by Zuper on Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:05 am

Krenuli Rusi da tamane Britance kao pacove bez reda.
Nekad se znao red, prvo spijuni. Vidi sada ovo.
Novicok triangle.

Post by Gargantua on Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:12 am

Post by Летећи Полип on Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:13 am

Sad kad se Engleska povuče s svetskog...

_____
Kasno je mrtvom magarcu karu drkati...

Post by Gargantua on Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:13 am

Post by Zuper on Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:21 am

Nisu sposobni ni da dekontaminiraju oblast. Kao nisu.
Mada su se neki ponadali da su Rusi krenuli u deratizaciju.

Post by William Murderface on Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:51 am

Možda ti?

_____
"Oni kroz mene gledaju u vas! Oni kroz njega gledaju u vas! Oni kroz vas gledaju u mene... i u sve nas."

Dragoslav Bokan, Novi putevi oftalmologije

Post by Zuper on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:05 am

Tesko za razliku od britanskih medija tj. britanske politicke klike.

Post by Gargantua on Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:50 pm

Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson has reportedly described Theresa May's Brexit proposals - agreed to by the entire cabinet on Friday - as "polishing a turd".

Sky Sources have confirmed that Mr Johnson repeatedly used the phrase at the away day at Chequers, the prime minister's country retreat.

The entire cabinet was summoned by Mrs May and spent over 12 hours thrashing out the proposals which will act as the basis for what the British government would like UK's future relationship with the EU to look like.

Among other things, Mr Johnson described the PM's proposals as "a big turd". Eventually, however, he like other Brexiteer ministers backed down and said they would support the plans.

This new broadside comes only hours after Mrs May made it clear that collective cabinet responsibility, suspended during the referendum (and to some extent throughout the Brexit process), was now fully restored.

A source close to Mr Johnson said that the only people who would be pleased if he stepped down would be EU commission president Jean Claude Juncker, German chancellor Angela Merkel and EU chief negotiator Michel Barnier.

Post by Gargantua on Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:30 pm

A 44-year-old British woman who was exposed to a deadly nerve agent died on Sunday night, adding a homicide investigation to a tense diplomatic dispute between Britain and Russia.

The woman, Dawn Sturgess, 44, had been hospitalized in critical condition for a week after she and her boyfriend, Charlie Rowley, 45, were exposed to Novichok, a military-grade nerve agent developed in the last years of the Soviet Union.

The same nerve agent was used in March to poison Sergei V. Skripal, a former Russian spy, and his daughter in Salisbury, England. British officials declared confidently that Russia was at fault, but tight-lipped investigators have shared little of the evidence they have gathered.

Post by Quincy Endicott on Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:57 pm

Johnson se nije pojavio na WB samitu

_____
Veteran of two wars.
Father of nine children.
Drowned in the Caspian Sea.

Post by Quincy Endicott on Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:02 pm

ahahah

podneo ostavku

_____